This year didn’t quite go as planned, but we are ready to kick-start 2021 the right way. That is why we are giving away four free registrations to a 2021 conference of your choice.
How can you win?
- Caption this! Leave your answer on the picture of our yeast cell mascots Buddy and Holly on Instagram or Facebook. Be creative!
- Or perhaps if Twitter is more your thing, reply to our tweet using #EMBLEventsCompetition and finish the sentence.
Terms and Conditions of Participation
By entering the competition, participants agree to the terms and conditions of participation as follows:
- This competition is run by the EMBL Course and Conference Office, and is open to everyone except EMBL Staff and their family members.
- The competition will run from 10 – 24 December 2020.
- Participants are permitted to enter this competition more than once.
- Entries submitted after 24 December 2020 will not be accepted.
- Only replies to the original EMBL Events posts and tweets using the hashtag will run in the competition.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Any application that does not meet these criteria will not be eligible.
- This competition is not endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram are not in any way responsible for entrants or participants.
- Your entry to this competition constitutes your agreement to allow your name and country of residence to be published and shared for an unlimited number of times on the EMBL social media channels, and may be used for other purposes at the discretion of EMBL’s Course and Conference Office.
- By entering, participants agree to grant EMBL’s Course and Conference Office the rights to use their submission/comments/caption on the EMBL Events’ social media channels, blog, email campaigns and promotional materials for an unlimited number of times.
- By entering, participants warrant that their entry materials are original and do not infringe on any third party’s rights.
- By entering, participants release EMBL and the members of the jury from any liability for any incorrect information, loss, claim, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition or any prize won. EMBL shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, winner eligibility.
- Decisions of EMBL shall be final and binding
- Facebook and Instagram contest: 2 registrations for a 2021 conference of choice.
- Twitter contest: 2 registrations for a 2021 conference.
- Event listing of confirmed events can be found on our website.
- The free registrations are not transferable to conferences past 2021 or to another person.
3. Winner Selection
- The EMBL Course and Conference Office will select the winners from all comments posted on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The winners are selected by the EMBL Events marketing team.
- The winners will be contacted by the EMBL Course and Conference Office via the social media channel they used for their entry. They will have 2 weeks to respond, otherwise another winner will be selected.
- The winners will be made public on or before January 25th.