Have you attended an event at the EMBL Advanced Training Centre since it opened in March 2010 and kept your welcome bag as a souvenir? If the answer is yes, you have the chance to join a fun project and win a cash prize! Just post a picture of the EMBL or EMBO bag in any location around the world using the hashtag #EMBLbag and @emblevents, or send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the competition. Be sure to include the location in your post, and you’re in the running for a chance to win €350 for 1st place, €150 for 2nd place, and €50 for 3rd place! See terms and conditions below for more details.
Bag around the world competition – Terms and Conditions
- Your Picture
The picture must be submitted either by using the hashtag #EMBLbag and handle @EMBLevents on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, or by submitting via the e-mail address email@example.com. We encourage creativity and ideally, it should be possible to recognise the location in which the picture was taken without any captions. The EMBL bag should be clearly visible on the picture.
- Conditions of Participation
This competition is run by the EMBL Course and Conference Office, and is open to everyone except EMBL Staff or family members. Participants are permitted to enter this competition more than once. Entries submitted after 31 December 2019 will not be accepted.
All participants must be at least 18 years old.
Any application that does not meet these criteria will not be eligible.
By entering the competition, participants agree to the terms and conditions of participation and the following:
- Your entry to this competition constitutes your agreement to allow your photo (your name and country of residence) to be published and shared for an unlimited number of times on EMBL social media channels, and may be used for other purposes at the discretion of EMBL’s Course and Conference Office.
- Participants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of their photos.
- By entering, participants warrant that his or her entry materials are original, and do not infringe on any third party’s rights.
- By entering, participants release EMBL and the members of the jury from any liability for any incorrect information, loss, claim or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the photo competition or any prize won. EMBL shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgement, winner eligibility.
- Decisions of EMBL shall be final and binding.
- Copyright and photo publishing
By submitting the picture you agree that EMBL receives the right to use the picture, your name and country of residence for the purposes of this competition. This includes, but is not limited to, making the picture available electronically on internet sites and adapting it where required for technical reasons.
All pictures will be published on one or more EMBL Events social media platforms (Facebook, Blog, Twitter, Instagram) and will be freely accessible to the general public. You agree that we publish your name (but not your e-mail address) alongside your picture.
1st prize is a cash prize of €350.
2nd prize is a cash prize of €100
3rd prize is a cash prize of €50.
- Winner Selection
The EMBL Course and Conference Office will shortlist the best photos and the winner will be selected from these pictures by an online voting process which will take place between 3 February and 17 February 2020. The winners will be selected based on the number of votes received. Any entries suspected by the organisers of obtaining votes in an immoral manner (for example buying votes) will be disqualified from the competition. Voters may only vote once per entry per social media platform. The winners who have collected the most votes for his/her picture, will be announced on the competition website and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The winner will be contacted by the EMBL Course and Conference Office to request bank details for a bank transfer, and shall receive their prize within two weeks after that.